5 Tips on Saving on Pet Care
We all love our pets and always want the best things for them. But all of that care can really make our wallets lighter. Luckily, there are some things that can help reduce the cost of pet care.
1. Ask your groomer/boarder if they have a newsletter or e-mail list. The more you communicate with your groomer/boarder, the more you will know when they are having specials on different services or coupons that you can use.
2. See if your groomer/boarder can recommend a veterinarian to use. Many times, groomers, boarders and vets will have special offers for referrals and building a relationship with your veterinarian helps make any trip to the vet less stressful.
3. Keep a record of all your pet’s information. For medical information: When you know what vaccinations or tests your pet needs, you can save on costly medical problems in the future. For identification: A cute identification tag and even an identification chip is a lot cheaper than paying a reward for your lost pet.
4. Spay/Neuter your pet. Nothing sucks money out of your wallet faster than a new litter of puppies or kittens and what they can do to your home. Spaying/Neutering also helps with potty training issues as well as behavioral issues that can cause destruction to your home.
5. Use training treats from home. Training is vital for any happy pet. Use treats found in your home and save a ton compared to the versions sold in stores. Peanut butter or turkey works very well for dogs and tuna is a classic for cats. As with any treat, moderation is key.
Every family member (including the furry ones) has things that they need to be happy and healthy. Following these simple tips helps keep the cost of that happiness down.