- All applicants must be processed through a general interview with the Director.
- Students may enroll at any time during the calendar year.
- Classes are held on a continuous basis.
- Each student will develop individual skills by structured guidelines.
Course Lengths: Alpha K9 Pet Services course provides the skills necessary to enter the work force in the pet care industry. This professional groomers course is an extensive study of theory and practical application in each course week.
Classes are scheduled Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m with 1 hour for lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks. Out of town students may qualify for on premises housing at affordable rates. Sanitation and cleaning duties must be completed before dismissal. All pets that have been scheduled for the day must also be completed before dismissal.
A total of 608 hours is mandatory for each student to successfully complete the program offered by Alpha K9 Pet Services. Applicants must declare his or her option at the time of registration:
6 Days/Week - 8 Hours/Day (Approximately 13 weeks)
5 Days/Week - 8 Hours/Day (Approximately 15 weeks)
Tuition & Fees:
Our tuition and fees are competitive. Only $3000.00 including a $200 application fee. Get started today on your way to learning a rewarding and lucrative new profession. For detailed course curriculum, please use the link below.
Groom School Curriculum
Our "hands on" instruction and comprehensive grooming curriculum will thoroughly prepare you for a rewarding and lucrative career in Pet Grooming.
The following is a breakdown of what you will learn when you attend grooming school at Alpha K9 Pet Services.
Group Classification and Characteristics
- Sporting Group, Hound Group, Working Group, Toy Group, Herding Group, and Non-Sporting Group
- Demonstration and Anatomical Terms Necessary for Groomers
- Anatomical references for Determining Haircut Style
Handling and Control
- Greeting the Dog
- Placing and Securing the Dog on the Grooming Table
- Determining the Level of Aggression
- Muzzle Requirements (if necessary)
- Assessing Dog Body Language
- Bite prevention Techniques